Friday, April 3, 2009

Lake Arrowhead-Day 1

So, the first greeting I received here at the Lake Arrowhead Film Festival was from one of the official screeners.  He told me how much he loved, loved The Hands, and how it had touched his heart, and how the story has stayed with him still.  It doesn't get much better than that for a filmmaker.

We screened first thing this morning.  My travel companion (Ashley) and I were the first ones in the room.  I was more than a little nervous about that.  I mean, what's your worst nightmare if you are screening your film?  That no one shows up, right?  Well, a few minutes later, we had a little crowd.  It was received well by the audience and the other filmmakers.  Pretty cool.

Saw a film (Jackson) last night directed by the guy that wrote Pretty Woman, J. F. Lawton.  It was a wonderful example of what an indie film can be, and why they are so important.  As Lawton noted, the combination of homeless men as lead characters and a storyline interspersed with operatic arias, studios would not know how to market, or pigeon hole, it.

No comments:

Post a Comment