Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cannes De-Virginization Complete

Last night in Cannes, we were hanging out in the American Pavilion, and I run into a guy hawking his own short film.  Unbeknownst to me, he is a USC grad, knows my entire crew, and even worked on the film I Executive Produced, Kwame.  Sometimes you have to fly half way around the world to meet folks from your own backyard.

Later that night, we made our final pilgrimage to cáfe-land on La Croisette, where I had the distinct pleasure, not, of walking into a basement to use the toilette...only to find a Frenchman in the dark, with only his cigarette lighting the way.  Yeah, didn't stay for that show.

Last day of hustling the Short Film Corner.  We screened The Hands in a private screening room.  Not a big audience, because we were relegated to an early morning slot, but still respectable.  Note to self:  By the time folks are into the Cannes groove, fewer and fewer bodies are there in the morning hours.  It was still amazing to be there, though.  Not one person who had a part in making this film was left out of my brain in those moments. Everybody remembers their first time...

No comments:

Post a Comment